Understanding how to prevent regaining weight after weight loss for adults who are overweight
We are doing interviews with generally healthy adults who are overweight now or have been in the past. The interviews will be 30 minutes long and ask many questions. Some of the questions will be about things that may cause a person to regain weight they had lost, and how to get additional help from a professional to support weight loss. The interview can be done in-person or on Zoom. People in this study will also need to have their height and weight measured at the University of Utah.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Healthy Volunteers
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Healthy Volunteers
Location: In Person
- Between18-65 years old
- Weight loss greater than or equal to 7% body mass via intentional weight loss (diet and exercise, either self-directed or formal; not including weight loss from childbirth) within past 2 years
- With prior or current weight regain experience
- BMI greater than or equal to 27 kg/m2 prior to intentional weight loss
- Younger than 18, Older than 65
- Bariatric surgery or extensive bowel resection in past 5 years
- Active or recent (<12 months) treatment for a diagnosed eating disorder
- Women who are pregnant, lactating, or <12 months post-partum
- Weight loss less than 7% body mass via intentional weight loss in the last 2 years
Will I be paid for my time?