Emotional Awareness and Expression Therapy (EAET): A Study Treatment for People Living with Migraine
Migraine headaches are a severe health problem. Though there is current medication and ways to help people with migraine, most still have issues. A persons level of stress and past traumatic experiences may cause migraine. Emotional Awareness and Expression Therapy (EAET) is a new way to help people manage emotions. We want to know how effective EAET is at reducing migraine. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- From Home
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: From Home
- Ages 18 to 80 years old
- Diagnosis of episodic (0-14 migraine headaches a month) or chronic (15 or more migraine headaches a month)
- At least 4 migraine headaches a month
- Must have had migraine for at least 1 year and be on stable medication
- Access to a computer and/or cell phone with internet
- Serious mental health issues such as bipolar or schizophrenia
- At risk for violent behavior
- Alcohol or substance abuse disorder
- Changes in migraine medication 3 months prior to participation
- Not fluent in English
Will I be paid for my time?