Heart Health among Utah People of South Asian Ethnicity
People of South Asian ethnicity are at higher risk of heart disease than people of other ethnicities. Locally, these community members have met and want to reduce the issue. To do this we design health screening events for people of South Asian ethnicity to attend and learn if they are at higher risk for heart disease. If so, we have an opportunity to participate in a research study that may help improve heart health.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 30 years and older
- South Asian ancestry (either parents from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka)
- At least one heart disease risk factor such as being overweight or having high cholesterol
- History of heart disease
- Diabetes requiring insulin
- Unable to be physically active
Will I be paid for my time?