Continuous Glucose Monitoring with Data Sharing in Older Adults with Type 1 Diabetes and Their Care Partners
The purpose of this study is to learn if a new phone app for data sharing helps older adults with type 1 diabetes and their care partners better monitor glucose levels. Research is needed to improve how people with diabetes and their care partners communicate, problem-solve, and develop action plans around data sharing glucose data. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- From Home
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: From Home
- Age 60 years and older
- People with type 1 diabetes
- Currently using a continuous glucose monitor
- HbA1c equal to or greater than 7.5%
- Has never used the Dexcom Follow App
- Extreme visual or hearing condition
- Stage 4 or 5 renal disease
- Diagnosis of moderate to severe dementia
- History of mental health issues limiting participation
Will I be paid for my time?