Metformin for People with Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Fibromyalgia may cause people serious chronic pain. It is very difficult to help people with this pain. Metformin is an approved drug. Research is needed to learn if metformin helps people with pain from fibromyalgia. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 18 to 65 years old
- Diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome
- Other diseases at the same time as fibromyalgia such as diabetes, heart or lung disease, problems with the kidney or liver, autoimmune disease
- Pregnancy or planning to get pregnant
- Serious mental health problems such as recent history of drug abuse, suicidal or self-harming behaviors, or psychosis
- Abnormal levels of creatinine, vitamin B12, hepatic function panel, or estimated glomerular filtration rate
- Other pain problems associated with cancer, injury, organ damage, or neuropathic pain
Will I be paid for my time?