The SPRINT® System a Nerve Stimulator for People with Head Pain
The SPRINT® system can block nerves that send pain signals to the brain. Research is needed to learn how safe the SPRINT® system stimulator is and how well it helps people with head pain. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 21 years and older
- Steady pain on one side of the head or face OR
- Throbbing, sharp pain in the upper neck, back of the head, and behind the ears
- Attend in person at the University of Utah
- Changes to daily pain medication in 4 weeks before participation
- Radiofrequency ablation of nerves in the neck within the last 6 months (a way to control the pain of body nerves)
- BOTOX injections (a way to reduce headaches and any other use) in the last 3 months or any steroid injections in your neck in the last 6 weeks
- Diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1 or Type 2
- Diagnosed head pain as migraine or tension headaches
Will I be paid for my time?