Shoulder RFA for the Treatment of Non-Surgical Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can cause chronic health issues and costs. Currently, there are not many options to help people with this condition. Research is needed to learn the safety and effectiveness of shoulder radiofrequency ablation (SRFA) in patients with specific shoulder pain. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Adults ages 50 years and older
- Able to speak, understand, read and write in English
- Past shoulder pain treatment such as medication or steroid injections for at least 3 months
- Shoulder pain that continues to return even with treatment
- Participant was seen by an orthopedic shoulder surgeon who did not recommend surgery.
- Allergy to any medication needed to participate in the study
- Previous partial/total/reverse shoulder arthroplasty (a way to restore the shoulder function)
- Pacemaker, neurostimulator, or other implanted device potentially sensitive to RF energy
Will I be paid for my time?