Laser Evoked Potentials (LEP) in Patients with Low Back Pain and Healthy Volunteers
People with low back pain may need testing for diagnoses and treatment evaluations. Research is needed to assess if more quantitative measures such as laser evoked potential (LEP) and quantitative sensory testing can be used to tease out differences in patients with low back pain problems and better determine the treatment outcomes. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Healthy Volunteers
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Healthy Volunteers
Location: In Person
- Ages 18 years and older
- Attend in-person to have the LEP and QST at the University of Utah
- For low back pain patients: Low back pain with radiating symptoms lasting > 3 months
- Unable to abstain from caffeine for 24 hours.
- For healthy volunteers: History of low back pain in the last 12 months.
- For low back pain patients: Currently using centrally acting drugs
Will I be paid for my time?