A First-In-Human (FIH) Study of Inhibitory Interneurons (NRTX-1001) in Drug-Resistant Unilateral Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (MTLE)
NRTX-1001 is a study drug to help people with drug-resistant mesial temporal lobe epilepsy MTLE. We need to learn the safety and effectiveness of NRTX-1001 for it to be approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and used to help people with MTLE. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 18 to 65 years old
- Cannot control seizures despite using other study drugs
- Females who may become pregnant must use birth control
- Have at least a 10th-grade education
- Able to read and speak English or Spanish
- Epilepsy from another progressive disease
- Another severe medical issue that prevents participation
- Suicide attempt in the past year of participation
- Severe mental health issue(s)
- Pregnant or breast feeding
Will I be paid for my time?