Hair Chemicals in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Chemicals applied to a childs hair may impact health outcomes, especially for children with an autism spectrum disorder. Research is needed to learn how chemicals in these children's hair such as zinc, copper, and lead affect health. We also want to know if finding these chemicals in hair is a way to detect autism disorder sooner. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Under 7 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- From Home
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Under 7 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: From Home
- Children ages 6 to 18 months old
- Older sibling diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
- Willing to have a hair sample collected
- In-person at the Primary Children's Hospital
Will I be paid for my time?