ALVR105: A Study Drug for People with Adenoviruses (AdV)
Adenoviruses (AdV) are viruses found in the DNA of a persons body. These viruses may occur from respiratory illnesses, such as a common cold and bronchitis. AdV infections are generally controlled by a persons immune system. People without a strong immune system can experience severe health issues. ALVR105 is a study drug to help people with AdV. Research is needed to learn the safety and effectiveness of the study drug. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- All Ages
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: All Ages
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 1 year and older
- AdV diagnosis
- Agree to use specific birth control during the study
- In-person at the University of Utah to give informed assent/consent
- Has an HLA type matching with at least 1 suitably matched and available posoleucel VST line for infusion.
- Any health issue that impacts full participation
- Severe allergy to any part of the study drug or history of severe reaction to blood transfusions
- COVID-19 diagnosis at time of the study
- Breast feeding
- Use of any investigational antiviral agent, including brincidofovir, within 7 days prior to randomization.
Will I be paid for my time?