Massage for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is very upsetting and disabling for people. Massage is known to decrease anxiety. Research is needed to study the effects massage has on symptoms of anxiety and the brain. The information we learn will improve our knowledge of massage to provide more options of care for people with GAD.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Greater than or equal to 18 years and less than 65 years of age
- Diagnosis of GAD
- Medically stable
- No lifetime diagnosis of PTSD, bipolar disorder, alcohol, or substance abuse disorder
- Attend in-person at the University of Utah
- Using nicotine, illicit drug(s), and regular medication
- Consistent dieting
- Receive regular massages
- History of head injury or cancer
Will I be paid for my time?