Orvepitant: A study to Reduce Severe Coughing for People with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a condition that causes scarring of the lungs and severe coughing. Orvepitant is a study drug to reduce chronic coughing for people with IPF. Research is needed to learn the safety and effectiveness of the study drug. Our hope is to provide long-lasting control of chronic cough and a better quality-of-life. The information we gain may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 40 years and older
- Diagnosis of IPF
- Cough associated with IPF
- If taking pirfenidone or nintedanib, the dose must have been stable for at least 3 months
- Agree to use specific birth control methods if applicable
- Recent respiratory tract infection
- Recent acute exacerbation of IPF
- Current smokers or smokers who have quit in the last 6 months
- Specific mental health conditions
Will I be paid for my time?