Sofosbuvir (SOF) and Velpatasvir (VEL): Study Drugs for Pregnant Women with Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is an infection in the liver. Sofosbuvir (SOF) and Velpatasvir (VEL) are approved drugs for people with Hepatitis C. These drugs are not approved for pregnant women with Hepatitis C. Research is needed to know the safety and effectiveness of these SOF and VEL for use in pregnant women. The information we learn may aid future patients.
- Female Only
- Under 7 or over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: Female Only
Age: Under 7 or over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- Ages 18-45 years old
- Pregnant with one baby
- Hepatitis C diagnosis and infection at least 6 months before participation
- Negative Hepatitis B test
- In-person at the University of Utah
- Use of medication to treat Hepatitis C before participation
- History of severe liver disease including cirrhosis
Will I be paid for my time?