LAU-7b: A Study Drug for People Hospitalized with COVID-19
Peoples health with COVID-19 and other medical issues such as high blood pressure or existing lung disease may get worse over time and might need to go to the Intensive Care Unit. LAU-7b is a study drug for people with COVID-19 that also have other medical issues. Research is needed to know if the drug is safe and effective to improve peoples health. The information we learn may aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- 18 years and older
- Hospitalized with COVID-19
- At least one other health issue such as heart, high blood sugar, overweight, lung issues, history of smoking, or older than 70 years
- In-person at the University of Utah
- In hospital for more than 48 hours with COVID-19
- Liver failure
- End-stage cancer
- Participating in another drug study
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
Will I be paid for my time?