Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea with the Aura6000® System
The aura6000® system is a device that helps open the airway while a person sleeps to prevent obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Research is needed to see if it is safe and effective to reduce OSA. This information will help determine if this device may be used to improve the care and quality of life for people with OSA.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- 22 years of age or older
- Diagnosis of moderate to severe OSA with inflammation for more than 3 months
- Ability to use remote control and charger to activate therapy and charge device
- Can sleep in unfamiliar places and without using drugs or medications
- Attend in-person at University of Utah
- Using another implanted device
- Enrolled and actively participating in another clinical study
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant during the study
- Moderate to severe respiratory disease
- Moderate to severe heart failure
Will I be paid for my time?