Amniotic Fluid Epidural Injection for People with Low Back and Hip Pain caused by pressure on the Spinal Cord
Lumbosacral radicular pain is in the low back and hip caused by pressure on the spinal cord. The human amniotic fluid epidural injection is a new way to reduce this pain. Corticosteroid dexamethasone is the standard of care to improve symptoms. Research is needed to learn which is more effective at helping people with the condition. The information we learn will aid future patients.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Volunteers with special conditions
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Volunteers with special conditions
Location: In Person
- 18 years and older
- Ability to read English
- Pain in the low back and legs
- Back pain for more than 3 months with other standard therapy
- Attend in-person at the University of Utah
- Infection in area of planned injection
- Severe specific artery disease
- Allergy to drugs used for injection
- Cancer that spreads throughout the body
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
Will I be paid for my time?