Physical Inactivity and Muscle Health Recovery
Times of physical inactivity such as illness, recovery from surgery, or injury in older adults and those who are overweight may harm muscle health. Research is needed to learn how different markers such as hormones and proteins in the blood and muscle respond to physical activity and recovery. The information we gain may allow us to better design ways to help muscle health when older adults or those who are overweight become physically inactive and have rehabilitation.
- All genders
- Over 18 years old
- Healthy Volunteers
- In Person
Who can participate?
Gender: All genders
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Healthy Volunteers
Location: In Person
- Ages 18 to 35 years old and 60 years and older
- Good general medical health
- Can live independently
- Attend in person at the University of Utah
- History of heart, kidney, or liver disease
- History of stroke with a motor disability such as difficulty moving a part of your body
- Cancer or history of cancer
- Currently on a weight-loss diet
Will I be paid for my time?